To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Banker III
Huntington National Bank • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Exciting opportunity to become a Commercial Relationship Manager and member of the Middle Market group in Chicago charged with maintaining and growing an existing book of clients. The candidate will act as a trusted advisor and primary point of contact for existing and prospective corporate banking clients with revenues between $20 Million to $500 Million. Candidate will have a genuine opportunity to gain valuable experience, develop skills, and position themselves for upward career mobility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Disciplined and motivated self-starter who can manage business development efforts with minimal management oversight. Develops and deepens relationships with clients and prospective clients through consultative selling and introductions to appropriate bank partners in treasury management, capital markets, insurance, wealth and private banking, and retail banking. Lead team of cross functional colleagues in collaborative pre-call planning sessions resulting in memorable client interactions. Brings new ideas to clients and challenges them to consider alternative ways of doing business. Maintains an updated qualified prospect list that aligns with the risk profile of the bank. Maintains updated pipeline and proactively works to close high probability opportunities. Leverages an established group of Centers of Influence to obtain referrals and continually works to grow this network.
Partners effectively with credit risk colleagues. Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks, make recommendations on appropriate credit structure, and effectively articulate bank recommendation to clients and prospective clients. Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements. Follows processes and procedures to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis. Keeps abreast of risk-related changes that may impact assigned work functions and processes.
Maintains a passion for learning and new skill development and a willingness to mentor colleagues. Interest in and willingness to be actively involved in community service including potentially serving on the board of directors of a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of financial services or Commercial related experience
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience working directly as a Commercial & Industrial Relationship Manager.
- Experienced and successful in cultivating new commercial banking relationships.
- Ability to analyze corporate financial statements and make recommendations on credit structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skill set.
- Successful track record of recommending and cross selling important banking services including Treasury Management, Capital Markets, International Banking, Wealth Management, Private Banking, and Insurance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and ability and willingness to become proficient with critical proprietary systems.
- Formal credit training and commercial banking underwriting experience.
- Masters of Business Administration Degree.
- Actively involved in community and/or non-profit volunteering services