The Clinical Informatic/Analyst develops and helps to maintain the electronic medical system, software applications and databases for Roosevelt General Hospital and its associated clinics. Develops an understanding of the application functionality, reporting capabilities, interfacing and integration associated with clinical applications assigned.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Implement applications, tools, and processes that assist clinicians with the management of data in patient care and the provision of health care.
- Maintains changes to referential data, across clinical applications assigned.
- Assist with application implementation and system customization including the development of alerts/hard stops, data integration, order generation, automation of document entry and enforcement of adherence to workflows.
- Provide technical support, diagnosis of application errors and troubleshooting with system issues.
- Interpret, modify, analyze and design clinical systems, data and information.
- Design and implement educational and clinical services programs; support end-user training.
- Facilitate clinical content team - work with physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professionals to evaluate current EMR functionality and develop future applications by building consensus and using efficient decision-making processes.
- Recommends innovative ideas, processes, and/or procedures for enhancements, additions, and modifications to improve existing systems.
- Assist with the configuration and setup of new users within the clinical systems as they relate to the EHR.
- Researches patient data across multiple applications to resolve discrepancies and/or improve work flow.
- Serves as a resource person for daily operational issues within the electronic health record.
- Work with other members of the team to implement solutions to system related problems to minimize operational impact.
- Manage and lead the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Meaningful Use within the facility.
- Monitor and report quality data as related to the EHR and clinical software applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services as needed.
- Associate's degree in Healthcare and/or Information Sciences is required.
- Three to five (3-5) years' experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Medical terminology and understanding of workflows is critical.
- Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of Meditech software is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail oriented and capable of exploring innovative solutions to solve complex problems and address issues through the use of a combination of delivered and custom-developed tools
- Experienced in clinical systems implementations and support including system configuration, custom development, maintenance and software upgrades
- Ability to compile, code and categorize, or verify information/data
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Position may require travel between associated clinics and off-site departments
- May be up walking on feet up to 8 hours per day
- May need to sit for up to 2-6 hours per day
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
- Light to moderate work with 30 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing
- Attention To Detail
- Business Ethics
- Clinical Systems And Networks
- Clinical Works