Kearney & Company provides financial services exclusively to the Federal Government, including auditing, consulting, and technology services. Our commitment to our employees and clients as well as to dedication and trust, critical values to our Firm, have led to Kearney's recognition as one of the leading accounting firms in the country. Based on our employees' feedback, we are also consistently rated a Best Place to Work. Employment at Kearney means a flexible, collaborative, and open-minded work environment. We hope it is your "first easy decision." Learn more at www.kearneyco.com/careers.
Kearney is currently seeking an Audit Manager to join our Arlington, VA team. The Audit Manager will be required to have an expertise to provide an audit infrastructure to interact with external financial statement auditors, improve business processes, monitor financial reporting controls, validate the corrective actions, and communicate and coordinate change management with Senior Leadership.
- Performing risk assessments in accordance with OMB Circular A-123 and the FIAR Guidance
- Identifying the conditions and issues preventing Army from maintaining generating financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Performing studies to determine a comprehensive and technical status of current financial improvement and audit readiness capabilities
- Proposing new or revised accounting policies and procedures as well as implementation strategies to address audit findings
- Designing corrective action plans to address the root causes of audit findings
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of a strategy to overcome material weaknesses
- Recommending new business processes or controls needed to achieve financial statement assertions
- Monitoring financial reporting controls and validating the corrective actions of the organization
- Communicating and coordinating change management with Senior Leadership
- Providing program management support to manage the efforts under this contract
- Providing professional development support to the client
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Logistics or Business Management along with a CPA or CISA is required. An acceptable substitution for the CPA or CISA is a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Logistics or Business Management
- Minimum 4 years of experience with federal financial management
- Active U.S. Interim secret level security clearance is REQUIRED (US citizenship required)
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email URL blocked - click to apply. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.