This is a full-time and direct-hire position. This position is ONSITE in Billerica, MA. No C2C or 3rd party or sponsorship at this time. We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are not able to sponsor at this time.
The Manager, Mechanical Engineering ( Electroplating or Electrochemical Deposition equipment), is a ‘working supervisor, spending approximately 75% percent of the time supervising personnel and projects, with 25 percent of the time being a hands-on Mechanical Engineer. This position will be responsible for leading mechanical engineers to support business unit objectives, prioritizing tasks and projects within the engineering team, and ensuring the group meets performance and budgetary objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Supervises the work of approximately 10 Mechanical Engineers in the Panel Business Unit
- Defines and leads translation of requirements from product and process development needs into tool hardware for process, chemical, structural and automation sub-systems, including component selection.
- Develops concept and feasibility hardware designs for quick-cycle testing.
- Develops and execute test plans for production hardware functionality, reliability, and continuous improvement.
- Partners with manufacturing engineering to troubleshoot fabrication problems and improve the manufacturability of sub-systems and parts.
- Collaborates with field service engineers and customers to identify product improvement opportunities and devise solutions.
- Tracks the status of projects and schedules engineering tasks in response to changing priorities for the business unit.
- Develops and manage job performance goals and metrics for engineers; develop opportunities for learning and growth within the business for assigned personnel.
- Recruits and hires mechanical engineering or related positions, as required to support the business unit.
- BS, (MS Preferred), in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years’ related experience in the Semiconductor industry or other capital equipment development business.
- A track record of demonstrated leadership experience as either a people or project manager
- Expertise in CAD, preferably Solid Work; extensive track record of designing parts and assemblies for manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding of engineering release and change order (ECO) and workflow management.
- Ability to read detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and understanding of Geometric, Dimensional and Tolerance per ASME Y14.5-2009.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply