$150000.00 to $175000.00 yearly
Robert Half has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Controller to join a company in Central Houston. In this leadership position, you will direct an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. This company offers very competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent career growth.
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Give financial reports to executive committee and partners each month
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Respond on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Inspect deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, through research, planning and implementation, as needed
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- CPA with a degree in Accounting
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controller for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Cash Management