Performs administrative/clerical duties in support of an assigned nursing area.
* Greets patients and visitors. Monitors, answers, screens, and routes all telephone calls. Emergency alerts, pages, and overhead announcements as requested.
* Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient records and charts.
* Performs needed clerical tasks, including copying, faxing, filing, and ordering/obtaining supplies.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Requires familiarity with medical terminology.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Climbing 20.00%
* Keyboard Entry 60.00%
* Kneeling 40.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 20.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Reaching 40.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
* Sitting 60.00%
* Squatting 40.00%
* Standing 60.00%
* Walking 60.00%
* Audible Speech 60.00%
* Hearing Acuity 60.00%
* Depth Perception 60.00%
* Distinguish Color 60.00%
* Seeing - Far 60.00%
* Seeing - Near 60.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
* Dust 40.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
* Latex 20.00%
* Computer Monitor 60.00%
* Domestic Animals 20.00%
* Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it's home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
* Cardiac Telemetry Unit
* Imaging Services
* Intensive Care
* Women's Services
* Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
* Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
* [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
* Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service