Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected CategoryCountry:
New Berlin, WI, USEmployment type:
953Country: United States (US)
Location: [[city]], Wisconsin (US-WI)
Location details: At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.Application Engineer - Engineered ModernizationsGeneral Position Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for providing technical solutions to customers on electric overhead cranes and portal cranes.Responsibilities
*Territory- All region Americas (USA, Canada)
*Product lines: Legacy, ETO, and Portal CranesEssential Functions
* Quoting crane modernizations.
* Perform application tasks using established procedures and develop improvements to existing procedures as needed. These include but are not limited to component selection, preliminary design, and preliminary component selection.
* Interpret customer specifications to determine scope of work.
* Ability to search company archives to find records of legacy equipment. Must be proficient in reading legacy equipment schematics.
* Provide phone support and technical assistance on Konecrane electrics products for product selection.
* Perform optimization of components by working in an interactive Team environment to reduce costs and improve delivery schedules.
This position requires the direct interface between frontline sales, customers, production planning (Watertown), and project management. Site visits for application require the ability to work at heights up to 100 feet off the ground. Travel estimated at 5% to meet with customers, commission equipment, and witness product testing at our manufacturing plant. Qualifications:
This position requires the skills and mind set of a very organized individual that works on many smaller projects.
Setting goals, decision making, communicating with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors should be natural and is required in this position.
A qualified candidate should be able to process technical information and provide technical solutions.
Being able to read mechanical and electrical prints are required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word are required.
Oral and written communication plays a key role in this position where regular reporting is required.
Must be self-motivated, and display leadership abilities.
Knowledge of the CMAA a plus.
Minimum education requirement is a BS in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as an application engineer or other engineering working with motion and motor control products.
Related experience with overhead electric cranes or similar industrial equipment will be taken into consideration.
#MONUS #CBUS #NXTKonecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
Computer Aided Design
Engineering Design Process