Operations ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Reporting to the Service Manager.Your responsibilities
- Overall ownership, operations execution and project leadership of the Repair Center
- Ensure compliance with all customers, internal and external and contract requirements
- Interface and manage projects as necessary with the marketing, sales, commercial, operations, quality, and engineering teams
- Drive for excellence in the key areas of cost control, Environmental Health and Safety standards,
- LEAN and Quality, and overall productivity
- Provide effective team leadership to enhance cost effectiveness and create a lean, consistent
- and effective workforce
- Identify local service opportunities
- Maintain compliance of ABB policies and quality initiatives
- Interface with Customers regarding work in progress, service offerings, and other service related
- Maintain positive and constructive union / employee relations
- P&L responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical degree with minimum 10 years experience in industrial or services background.
- Minimum of 5 years operations / project management / product management experience including technical, administrative, financial and contractual.
- Six Sigma, Lean and Safety Certifications are preferred.
- Field installation or plant operations experience. Prior leadership experience as MSO or Cell Leader
- Technical, commercial, and sales experience and understanding of the Repair Services business
- Ability to work and lead in a matrix organization with strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Union relations experience.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Operations Manager
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Business Acumen