Quality Inspector III
LOCATION: Hauppauge, NY
CIRCOR International (NYSE: CIR) is one of the world’s leading providers of mission critical flow control products and services for the Industrial and Aerospace & Defense markets. The Company has a product portfolio of market-leading brands serving its customers’ most demanding applications. CIRCOR markets its solutions directly and through various sales partners to more than 14,000 customers in approximately 100 countries. The Company has a global presence with approximately 3,200 employees and is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. For more Ainformation, visit the Company’s investor relations website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Inspector III
About CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in Corona, California.
The Quality Inspector III provides hands on inspection of the manufactured components. Directs and coordinates the activities of inspection. Interacts directly with Operations in the accomplishment of support, scheduling, and continual improvement objectives in the manufacturing process.
- Identify and control all nonconforming products.
- Conduct inspection of machined parts, castings, weldments and assemblies per blueprint, manufacturing plan, Customer’s specifications and requirements through the use of various types of inspection equipment set up.
- Document inspection results in accordance with company procedures, manufacturing plan, and any additional work instructions.
- Review material’s chemical and physical certification and test reports against specification requirements.
- Review heat treat certifications against specification requirements.
- Review of finishing process (plating/coatings), NDT (non-destructive test), and welding certifications against specification requirements.
- Perform First Article Inspection to SAE AS9102 Standards and Customer’s requirements.
- In-process inspection of product as follows:
- Witness functional testing when delegated by Customer.
- Assist QE as required.
- Work other tasks as required by the QA department
- Final inspection of product as follows:
- Visual and dimensional inspection of end product to applicable blueprints, manufacturing plans, and Sales Order requirements.
- Review data package traceability (material certifications, inspection reports, test reports, process certifications, etc.) as required by Quality System and Sales Order for legibility, completeness and to verify conformance to blueprint and Customer requirements
- Ensure that First Article reports required by Sales Order are provided with the data package for the order
- Verify that all operations required by the manufacturing plan are complete and properly signed off
- Maintains calibration records as required by Quality System and Customer
- Verify 1st Piece Inspection
- Understanding and working knowledge of AS9100
- Computer Literate (MS office)
- Completion of any special Customer required forms or data package requirements.
- Ensure and verify that required data package is complete prior to scheduling source inspection.
- Schedule and coordinate Customer/Government source inspection visits.
- Assist Customer/Government source inspectors by providing necessary information, inspection, or testing as required in the performance of the source inspection.
- Perform Customer and/or Circor designated source inspection.
- Assist with the planning of additional QA hold points in the manufacturing plan.
- Compile and maintain Customer/Government documentation (DD250’s, PDRLS, etc.) as required by the contract/Sales Order.
- Investigate and respond to Customer Corrective Action Requests for nonconforming hardware, audit findings, and Customer’s supplier ratings.
- Facilitate access and submittal of data to Customer’s web site/portal.
- Maintains recordkeeping of quality documents and certifications as required by Quality System and Customer/Government.
- Make recommendations for changes in calibration frequency and processes.
- Make recommendations for the acquisition of new measuring instruments.
- Provides customer support for questions regarding the calibration of test equipment.
- Maintains recordkeeping of calibration records as required by Quality System and Customer/Government.
- Provide technical support to the calibration lab.
- Collect data and prepare calibration reports for all calibrations performed.
- Provide training on calibration processes, practices and techniques.
- Perform field maintenance and calibration of Customer equipment per required standards.
- Ensure that equipment is repaired and calibrated to required standards for each specific type of equipment.
- Apply knowledge of metrology in the execution of calibration procedures, training of personnel in measurement techniques, and the development and troubleshooting of in-process inspection tools and methods.
- Assist in the development of calibration, usage and test procedures for unique one of a kind or commercially available test/measuring instruments.
- Maintain calibration records manually and electronically using calibration system software.
- Assist Design Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations in the development, validation and testing of new processes, products, measurement equipment/techniques and computerized systems.
- Contribute to the continued adherence to AS9100, ISO 9000 and other Customer and regulatory requirements.
- Execution of daily calibration requirements.
- Perform gage R & R studies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Values & Absolutes, which are; Customer Intimacy, Team Before Self, Commitment & Accountability, Speed, Excellence & Innovation, Safety, Ethics & Controls
- The ability to demonstrate CIRCOR’s Core Competencies, which are; Adaptability, Analytical Thinking, Communication, Customer Focus, Drive for Results & Accountability, Innovation, Leadership, Talent Development, Teamwork & Inclusion, Technical/Functional Skills
Education & Experience
- High school or equivalent.
- Two years of college work or equivalent highly desirable.
- Additional education / certifications as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control or equivalent
- Experience in Aerospace and Military/Defense manufacturing inspection required
- Experience in calibration required
- US Persons Only
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities, and committed to Diversity & Inclusion
Product Quality Assurance
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Quality Management Systems