At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
Surry Power Station in Surry, Virginia is seeking several highly experienced Senior Instructors to join the team.
The position will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
As a Senior Instructor you will:
- Develop instructional materials and conduct training for licensed and non-licensed operators at the Company's nuclear power stations.
- An incumbent at this level should have in-depth knowledge of instructional design theory. The Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations) should hold or have held an Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or SRO certification.
- The individual also is required to participate in rigorous technical and instructional continuing training.
- This instructor level works on the most complex training topics and is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating training in the main control room simulator, classroom, laboratory, and on the job.
- This level also is responsible for maintaining training programs in accordance with nuclear industry, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- The successful candidates are expected to become part of the Surry Power Station Emergency Response Organization and respond to site events within 30 - 60 minutes.
- Selected candidates who meet the eligibility requirements will be offered a relocation package.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Senior Instructor (Nuclear Operations):
- A minimum of 13 years related experience.
- Hold or have held an SRO license or certification.
Senior Instructor (Nuclear):
- 12 + years of related experience OR;
- Certified Instructor (including 5+ years of experience) OR;
- RO or SRO (including 5+ years of experience) OR;
- Sr Instructor Training Cert from Dominion (including 5+ years of experience)
- In depth knowledge of instructional theory and design and SAT.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication, good personal computer, operate various instrumentation and controls, problem solving.
Abilities: Analyze and develop training materials, train and lead others, interface with regulatory personnel and industry peers, informal leadership skills, ability to effectively communicate with regulators.
Bachelor Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education
Other Education: Engineering
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Other: Senior Instructor Training Certification (Dominion), Certified Instructor (INPO), Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) License or Certification (NRC), North Anna and Surry must meet ANS 3.1 12/79, (Section 18.104.22.168)Innsbrook must meet ANSI/ANS 3.1 1993, Section 4.5.4
Office Work Environment 76 -100%Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here [ Link removed ]
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
- Instructional Design
- Medical Emergency
- Nuclear Power