The Assembler II position is responsible for soldering circuit boards for conformance to CPI and IPC-610 Class 2 standards to ensure quality and must be able to perform advanced level 2 soldering skills.
- Inspect work product for conformance to CPI and IPC 610 Class 2 standards.
- Inspect and perform level 2 soldering skills.
- Installation of mechanical and electrical components including the operation of basic and advanced assembly equipment, and removal of pins from headers.
- Conduct product testing and machine operation as needed.
- Provide initial counts of bags and labels for orders (take inventory).
- Locate correct materials from packaging area.
- Bag and package product and place in box with shipping label attached.
- Completion of MO forms, recording of MOs in shipping log and delivery to shipping area.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department team-lead or supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition by performing daily organization and cleanup of work area.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Recommend changes to and participate in the review of manufacturing procedures.
- Follow safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to your team-lead or supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Perform multiple production tasks to allow for effective job rotation.
- Other duties as assigned – please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must pass the CPI soldering test.
- Understands polarity, orientation and IPC 610 Class 2 standards.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Willing to cross train in other areas.
- Results driven.
- Ability to read and understand basic work instructions and identify packing specifications.
- Ability to read, speak and write fluent English.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years soldering experience.
- Experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to walk while carrying trays, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Employee is required to work in close-proximity of others (assembly line).
- Overtime is required.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Packaging And Labeling