To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax, VA
- Guest Services Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant - General Ledger
Guest Services, Inc. • Fairfax, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Staff Accountant at our corporate office in Fairfax, VA! Qualified candidates must have an Accounting degree and/or 2-3 years of relevant experience. Apply today to join our All-Star team!
The Staff Accountant performs general ledger processing; inventory reconciliation and audit support and assists in the preparation and reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain Journal Entries file. Input entries. Maintain and process transfers
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities, including calculation and input of accrual entries and report processing and distribution.
- Monitor and audit inventory amounts input by the units and calculate monthly inventory adjustments.
- Send monthly and weekly letters along with fee payments to clients and subcontractors.
- Reconcile outside bank accounts.
- Prepare packets for Operators Meetings.
- Responsible for certain specific general ledger accounts during budget process. Compile budget worksheets for Accounting Department.
- Prepare financial reports for special projects. Prepare certain corporate information requests from the Census Bureau.
- Maintain prepaid amortizations. Process account coding on a routine basis and enter into spreadsheet.
- Prepare and submit annual financial reports for NPS units.
- Provide administrative support to the Accounting Department, including filing, typing meeting minutes and ordering office supplies.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work requires knowledge of accounting or business principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a bachelor's degree program in an accounting or business-related field.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training; Competence in applying general accounting principles, personnel practices, and coordination of major administrative functions.
- Effective communication skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to lead; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer knowledge: strong Excel skills required. Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.