The successful candidate for the Tool & Die position will be responsible for supporting the procurement of new and replacement Injection molding tools and stamping dies, trial runs of new molds/dies, cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all Tesla's molds & dies. The candidate should be well versed in the operation of basic tool room equipment. Additionally desired specialized skill sets include: Laser Micro welding, TIG & MIG welding; Basic proficiency in the following software a big plus: Solidworks, Catia, & Surfcam software.
* Day to day coverage/support of production molds/dies: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
* Implement and modify PM documents, schedules, and activities under the direction of the Tool & Die Supervisor.
* Perform major repairs and rebuilds
* Plan and organize between shift and weekend work, including verification, for smooth operations.
* Assist the Tool & Die Supervisor in developing PMs and procedures for maintaining all the equipment in the shop.
* Complete other duties as assigned/support cross-functional teams.
* Design, fabricate, implement, and fully document Tool/Die improvements and modifications.
* Provide Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical systems and connections between Tool/Die and the machines.
* Provide effective direction, coaching, and training to fellow employees on shift to boost their skill sets, and help production achieve their goals.
* Manage Tool/Die consumables, and spare part inventory.
* 2+ years of experience maintaining injection molding tools, or stamping dies, or high pressure die casting equipment.
* Must have expertise in one trade, proficiency in others, and the willingness to learn additional.
* Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
* Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical is highly desired.
* Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
* Overtime as needed
* As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
* Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
* 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
* Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
* Company-paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
* 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
* Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
* Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Tool and Die Specialist, Castings - Gigafactory Texas
for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
- Mechanical Systems
- Microsoft Office