Director, Product Management - Market Data
At TradeStation, we believe in empowering our customers to claim their individual financial edge. We are committed to creating a financial ecosystem that is a step ahead by delivering the best technology, services, education, and support to traders and investors (watch our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Product Management - Market Data
). We are continuously pushing the boundaries of what is possible, encouraging out-of-the-box thinking and a relentless search for innovation.
We are a team of amazing people who work together in a high-performance, goal-oriented culture to provide our customers with exceptional products and services. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy. POSITION SUMMARY:
We are actively seeking a talented and experienced Director of Product Management, focusing primarily on Market Data, to work within a team of skilled product managers responsible for our brokerage products.
A Director of Product Management at TradeStation is an expert, cross-functional collaborator responsible for understanding competitive and customer needs, prioritizing and defining the business product requirements, managing the product life cycle, and working closely with many teams across the TradeStation organization.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Brokerage Product Management. It presents an ideal opportunity for someone with broad market data knowledge and experience, who is excited to stay on top of industry trends and market data needs, create strategic plans for enhancing our market data products, and analyze our pricing structure to strengthen our competitive edge.
This role will collaborate with business units and other development teams to drive projects dealing with market data across all asset classes. You will work on a variety of short and long-term projects, both to address business needs and to continually improve our infrastructure. This role is responsible for working with various 3rd party market data providers to coordinate their integration and provide ongoing support of all market data in our network to ensure we have efficient solutions that meet our business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and own the market data strategy and product roadmap
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate those needs into creative solutions
- Investigate, identify, and source new data when needed to ensure we have adequate coverage and cost
- Create detailed requirements documents and work closely with the development teams to ensure products meet the business needs
- Analyze our data volume and trends over time to anticipate how the volume may impact scheduled events with our Market Data Network team.
- Participate in emergency calls that occur due to outages, network issues, or client impacting events and aid in resolution paths
- Manage the product life cycle from conception through release and beyond by collaborating with developers, vendors, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Marketing
- Evaluate market data cost for our company and what we charge to clients to ensure we keep a competitive offering
- Coordinate market data price changes with marketing, client services, and our Data Network teams
- Work with technology teams to understand what the cloud architecture can provide to us both for current business but also new opportunities
- Work with various 3rd party market data providers to develop and support the integration of their data while coordinating the on-boarding initiatives with internal teams.
- Manage the ongoing development and implementation of new process and procedures for efficient data on-boarding
- Understand TradeStation’s products, clients, and competitors. Using these insights, work with counterparts within the business to drive new and innovative opportunities to serve our clients better and grow the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Resourceful problem solving to help deliver critical initiatives for the company
- Extensive knowledge of financial market data business requirements, customer needs, industry, regulatory challenges, and mission-critical technical market data redistribution solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with vendors, clients, and internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate domain knowledge, describe business requests, and clarify issues both in person and in writing for internal development and sales teams as well as for clients and 3rd party data partners
- Ability to partner with engineering to define the functional and technical implementation to solve business problems. This includes understanding high-level market data development concepts, data modeling and the ability to write and review technical requirements documents.
- In-depth knowledge of key financial information vendor systems, distribution systems, and feed protocols
- Understanding of market data feed API protocols and low latency data distribution solutions
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful completion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to investigate, summarize and present new product opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of financial data product management experience or relevant finance domain-specific experience
- Experience integrating and aligning various types of financial market data from disparate providers into a common ecosystem, preferably focusing on redistribution of that data to end users to power a cohesive client experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s/MBA a plus)