To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
461 Langdon Street
Spartanburg, SC 29302
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CKD Registered Dietitian
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Spartanburg, SC
Posted 1 day ago
Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The CKD Clinical Dietitian is responsible for routinely reviewing patient lab work and educating patients on their nutritional needs based on their individual lab work, risk factors, and medical history.
- Obtains an initial assessment on patients once referred to CKD Program.
- Provide dietary education and information to individual patients and their families concerning nutritional principles, dietary restrictions, food selection and the economics of dietary planning.
- Develops and implements a plan of care based on assessments of each patients changing needs and communicates with CKD Care Coordinator and referring Nephrologist.
- Utilizes appropriate educational material and tools in the provision of nutritional care and education.
- Documents appropriately on each patient. This includes any patient encounters, follow up, care plans, conversations or communication with the health care team.
- Participates in patient conferences with team members and serves as nutritional consultant.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Improvement projects and compiles data to help improve CKD program outcomes.
- Provides dietary and nutrition in-service education for CKD Program staff and Health Care team.
- Participates in community education and health care awareness events to promote better health and improved outcomes.
- Work with Reach program partners, such as MTM and Rounding Well, to facilitate patient engagement and improve care.
- B.S. Degree required.
- Completion from an advanced degree program in nutrition or dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian or eligible to take the registration examination.
- Experienced in the field of clinical nutrition with one to two years of experience.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: