With a focus on leading a successful bakery team, the lead bakery clerk is a manager trainee, someone who strives to meet department goals and objectives while providing customers with great service, product expertise and the freshest, tastiest and best quality bakery products.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
* Managing the bakery operation while the bakery manager is not on duty.
* Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
* Communicating directly with the bakery manager, store director and bakery specialist.
* Ordering the supplies and products necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
* Merchandising bakery goods in accordance with bakery merchandising standards.
* Observing all store rules and company policies directing all team members to do the same.
* Executing and supporting bakery department sales and merchandising initiatives.
* Serving as the leader of his/her department, a role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer for his/her team.
* Ensuring department and team compliance with heath department and weights and measures requirements.
* Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
* Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
* Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, and refunds.
* Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
* Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
* Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
* Wrapping, bagging, boxing, weighing, slicing, finishing, and stocking bakery department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
* Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
* Helping decorators and bakers with the personalization of cakes and icing of cakes, donuts, sweet rolls and etc.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least 16-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Product Information Management