To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Behavioral Medical Director (Psychiatrist) - Anchorage, Alaska
UnitedHealth Group • Anchorage, AK
Posted 17 days ago
- Serve as the lead physician for the Behavioral Health plan working closely with medical management team leaders
- Develops programs to promote integration of physical and behavioral health services which support continuity and coordination among all network providers
- Overall responsibility for implementation of the Utilization Management program
- Monitors behavioral healthcare utilization authorization and claims data for all healthcare services
- Assures that policies adhere to contractual obligations
- Develop targeted education and training for and provide clinical guidance to the Care Advocates
- Direct Supervision and mentorship to clinical team
- Performs Clinical Case reviews in conjunction with Clinical and Quality departments
- Consultation with practitioners in the Optum clinical network
- Participation in clinical workgroups as required
- Participation in committees as required
- Collaborates in network provider initiatives and engagement
- Responsible for oversight of clinical decision-making
- Facilitate coordination of core business functions across business units; oversee the clinical administrative operations of the program to ensure appropriate services are provided under the Alaska contract.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions in the state of Alaska
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2 years management experience overseeing multidisciplinary teams
- Understanding of the Alaska Behavioral Health system of care, the services available, and the criteria for receiving services
- Training required in Alaska Native Culture, historical trauma and the significance of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Survey scores for Alaskans
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Minimal local travel required depending on location
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis and strong organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years’ clinical experience post residency preferred
- 2 years managed care experience
- Experience in managing BH Services including mental health and substance use disorders
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector service
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medicaid population
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Job Keywords: Clinical, Psychiatrist, Mental Health, Behavioral, Alaska