To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22310
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Human Resources Representative
DHL Supply Chain • Alexandria, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and retention of company personnel
- Interact with DSC North America HR and other functions and ensures that local issues are taken into account when developing strategies and initiatives
- Maintain an understanding of current affairs, particularly the political and social agenda within own country or region and can identify what impact this may have within own business area
Employee Relation and Engagement
- Provide guidance and recommendations to business managers on matters that may impact people within the organization
- Serve as an advocate and counsel to hourly and exempt associates
- Drive initiatives/activities in support of site climate and culture
- Manage and conduct internal investigations as needed
- Effectively implement HR policies that comply with statutory regulations and are consistent with internal and external best practices
- Ensure compliance with required regulations, policies, and laws related to Human Resources activities
- Ensure the administration of audit activities for compliance within HR policies and procedures
- Ensure management is trained in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment
- Provide feedback and coaching to managers, actively listen and ask searching clarifying questions in regards to associates
- Manage staffing, succession planning and associate programs and processes
- Implement/manage training and development activities and monitor effectiveness
- Conduct trainings as necessary
- Provide start-up support
- Administer compensation and benefits systems, processes, and employee communications
- Administer action planning activities related to the annual EOS process
- Administer compliance with our performance management systems
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field or minimum of five years HR experience
- Master’s degree in Human resources or other related field (desired)
- PHR/SPHR SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification (desired)
- 3+ years of experience in HR with exposure to all major functional areas of HR
- Previous experience partnering with senior management (desired)
- Proven experience of leading deployment of organizational change (desired)
- Demonstrable experience with HR Metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Ability to operate with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to understand a complex matrix organization and obtain results while operating in that type of environment
- Working knowledge of the supply chain industry (desired)