Baldwin Health Center a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Personal Care Assistants to join our team of caregivers.
The personal care attendant gives care and comfort to patients by attending to their personal needs, ensuring their safety, mobility and general wellbeing. A personal care assistant provides care for those who are unable to assist themselves with ordinary tasks such as grooming, dressing or eating. Expectations for this course are for applicants to complete and pass the Nurse Aide course PAID for by CommuniCare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Personal Care Attendant
- Performs personal hygiene tasks such as bathing, brushing teeth and washing hair
- Dresses and undresses residents.
- Performs tasks that will ensure the comfort of patients.
- Aids with grooming tasks such as brushing hair and clipping nails
- Helps patients walk, sit, stand or lie down
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is compassionate and cares about the dignity of each patient
- Communicates well with others
- Possesses patience and understanding when dealing with difficult residents
- Is able to kneel, bend, stoop and lift
- Has good listening skills
Education and Experience
Must be 18 years old and complete a FREE 8 hour course. PAID TRAINING!
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the heart’s of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients and family members care for and about one another.
Due to the vulnerability of the patients we care for and the fact that most cases of COVID-19 are brought into the facility from unvaccinated staff, it is important for our staff to be willing to obtain the COVID vaccine.