Great manufacturing company in Goleta has a Direct Hire Opportunity for a Quality Engineer & Supervisor! They offer a competitive salary and Benefits.
You would be responsible for incoming material, in-process and outgoing product quality inspection, gages and systems, as well as customer quality communication. You would be an important member of the team with strong communication skills, solid quality engineering fundamentals and a proactive and innovative approach to help us win new business and execute well during production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
Coordinates the activities of visual, dimensional, mechanical, environmental and chemical inspection and test functions relating to source, first article, receiving, in-process, final and test operations using company or customer supplied specifications, drawings, equipment and/or procedures. Activities are detail and document oriented. The position is a key part of a close working quality group that supports the operations of the company.
- Provide engineering support to quality systems throughout the company. Provide documentation and training to inspection areas as needed.
- Write all in-process and final inspection procedures.
- Responsible for selection of gauging used and the programming of Nikon CMM vision systems to verify the quality of stamped components.
- Oversee the inspection activities and seek out improvements to methods and systems to improve product quality or productivity.
- Participate in performance evaluations of final inspectors as part of the annual review process.
- Interact directly with external customers to address all aspects of IPT quality.
- Responsible for data package output, as required, to customer shipments.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints. Use and maintain SCAR system.
- Manage calibration of all metrology equipment.
- Perform and coordinate metrology correlations and improvement activities both internally and with customers.
- Travel when required to support external customer and/or vendor issues. (i.e. correlation exercises).
- Develop and maintain an incoming material inspection system. Provide detailed documentation for the system, training of inspector(s) and reporting of incoming inspection system data.
- Manage Discrepant Material (DMR) and Vendor Corrective Action (VCAR) system. Work directly with supplier and manufacturing to assure optimum material quality is supplied to manufacturing.
- Develop suppliers’ capabilities and new suppliers as needed.
Will initially supervise inspection team and lab supervisor.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Windows-based PC applications (MS Office), Excel VBA programming, etc.
- SPC methods and data analyses using Excel or software such as MiniTab. DOE and Six Sigma experience preferred.
- SPC data management systems and programming, Infinity QS preferred.
- Vision-based CMM programming, Nikon preferred.
- GD&T and ANSIY14.5 drawing interpretation.
- Precision contact measurement tool specification, selection and use.
- Gage capability analyses.
- Visual inspection methods and standards.
- Supervision and training of employees.
- General safety, Lock-Out/Tag-Out and Haz-Mat experience preferred.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Six (6) years of manufacturing experience with at least three (3) in Quality Assurance related activities.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and IATF 16949
Please apply! Hiring now! you can send your resume to Ida at
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)
Certified Quality Engineer
International Automotive Task Force