To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
350 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web Application Developer
onPeak • Chicago, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
onPeak is the undisputed leader in event hotel accommodations for the top 250 tradeshows, conventions and meetings in the United States. We’re like Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline but better.
We’re growing and looking for a smart, funny, humble, passionate and detailed-oriented Application Developer to join our team. Our application developers produce and support our portfolio of award winning software products using a variety of languages, application frameworks and build methodologies.
We fight for transparency, clarity and sound implementations. We believe the best education is the person sitting next to you. We are looking for someone to help us push our envelope. This position reports to our Director of Development.Responsibilities
- Translate user needs and specs into beautiful code.
- Meet and push standards of stability and usability within our apps.
- Develop tests that ensure a rock solid code base.
- Find or make tools that make our infrastructure, applications, and development processes better.
- Be a champion of change and high standards.
- Embody humility, respect and trust as described in the book Team Geek.
- Build ways to measure the efficacy of our apps and iterate on ideas to improve them based on real world usage.
- Teach what you know, learn what you do not. The best education is the person sitting next to you.
- Uphold and push standards for code via code reviews.
- 2+ years experience working full stack on a modern highly available web application
- 1+ year experience in ubuntu linux
- experience hosting web applications in the cloud - AWS in particular
- extremely good communication skills both written and oral
- experience developing and implementing APIs via REST and JSON
- experience working on a team of developers
- believes and lives the idea of 'team first'
- obsession with making things better
- must be eligible to work in the United States
- experience in developing and maintaining builds and build servers (Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, etc)
- experience in test automation and measuring technical debt
We are a small tight knit group of developers and devops engineers who work with our Product and QA teams to produce great software. Being able to collaborate with others in a respectful and productive way is an absolute must. Our offices are located in the River North neighborhood of downtown Chicago.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining onPeak are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- Charitable Gift Matching
And much more……
#LI123EEO Information Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.