To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Aurora, IL 60502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Transportation Analyst
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Aurora, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Senior Transportation Analyst, you will perform complex analytical reviews, evaluate and interpret data, and make recommendations for business solutions related to improving operations. You’ll find yourself immersed in a rapidly growing environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. Join XPO and we’ll give you the support you need to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure the output of centralized processes meets solution design specifications and customer/carrier requirements
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analyses when needed
- Initiate continuous process improvement activities and monitor results
- Execute analysis and data preparation in support of sales activities
- Provide all support function activities, including timely and accurate data processing, analysis and reporting, along with handling all other customer and carrier-specific inquiries
- Work with both internal subject matter experts (SMEs) and customer/carrier to resolve problems and/or support implementations
- Develop customer/carrier performance reports; process and distribute weekly customer metrics
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as a SME
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- 5 years of transportation operations experience, including carrier management, transportation planning, project management and logistics analysis
- Familiarity with all modes and rate negotiations for Ocean, Air, Intermodal, Parcel, Truckload (TL) and Less-than-Truckload (LTL) transportation
- Experience with freight payment information and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint); ability to work in Access
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic/international shipment routing and the key drivers of logistics costs; ability to collaborate with team members to ensure timely and cost-effective deliveries
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Ability to develop and implement ideas for initiatives while continuously improving processes
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Be part of something big. #LI-RL1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.