The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all incoming and outgoing drivers. The clerk is responsible for completing paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is complete and error free. The clerk provides information both internally and externally as needed.
- Sign driver in and out of the facility; verifying all paperwork
- Assign dock doors to the inbound and outbound loads
- Maintain door accuracy and yard report for trailer inventory
- Process Bill of Lading and associated shipping and receiving documents.
- Reconcile inbounds with packing slips and coordinate drop lot activity
- Coordinating moves on the yard for the spotter/yard jockey
- Provide a strong level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain Inbound and Outbound Schedules
- Work closely with shift management and leads to accomplish shift goals.
- Report errors and/ or issues to appropriate member of leadership to ensure accuracy
- Participate in all training programs provided
- Performs all duties in a safe and timely manner.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills necessary
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple task in fast moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external customers.
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V