Company Job Title:
Telework - Kingstowne, VA
Senior Program Manager
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Technical Lead of the Navy MaritimeMaintenance Enterprise Solution – Technical Refresh (NMMES-TR) contract assistthe Senior Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager in assigning tasks tointegrated product team working groups to meet the contractual deliverable requirementslist on time, within scope, and on budget. The Technical Lead will communicate with the Deputy Program Manager,Senior Program Manager, Customer Engineering Lead and Team Members frequentlyregarding the overall performance and status of the assigned project.
- Serveas focal point for technical interchange meetings with the Customer; ensureaction items are prepared and returned with updates/resolution/disposition asnecessary to satisfy the Customers concerns
- Responsiblefor exercising leadership, maintaining high morale, mentoring, and directingthe performance of all personnel assigned.
- Ensureall project tasks are delivered in adherence to project scope, schedules andbudget
- Responsiblefor leading/supporting the technical team, providing technical direction andserve as a Systems Engineering and Architecture SME
- Identify and mitigate development and technical risks while also contributing to the Agile process by providing research, design ideas, industry best practices and contributions to the development efforts
- Lead a team of engineers and Business Systems Analysts in support of Cloud Migration of COTS and legacy GOTS applications
- Reporton the status of all task assignments on the NMMES-TR contract
- ManageIntegrated Product Team Working Groups to ensure they are on track withschedule work plans
- Participate/Hosttechnical interchange meetings and captures detailed meeting minutes from eachmeeting
- Assess/evaluatethe quality of the work performed by contract team based on quality assurancesurveillance plan and data item descriptions as proscribed by performance workstatements
- Determinerisk impact to cost, schedule, and performance of project based on workassignments
- Providetechnical input to Program Update Brief
- Readand comprehend architectural network diagrams
- Understandcomments resolution matrices and distributes to the team for comment resolutionthen aggregates responses into one product as necessary
- Assessperformance of contract team to ensure performance is optimal
- Create,assign, and track project module working group plans for delivery and providetechnical guidance for work completion.
- Creatework plans, then monitor and tracks the work schedule for on-time delivery asper the defined quality standards.
- Identify,assess, and evaluate technical risks to the contract, the schedule and thecontractual deliverable, and determine appropriate risk responses as necessaryto reduce the level of risk exposure to acceptable levels
- Developand guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities andincreasing productivity.
- Ensureprocess improvement and compliance in the assigned modules and participate intechnical discussions/review.
- Holdcontractual deliverable reviews to ensure each deliverable meets thecontractual requirements prior to release to the Customer
- Prepareand submit status reports for minimizing exposure and risks on the project orclosure of escalations.
- Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering orScience field preferred) and 12 years relevant experience OR 15 yearsrelevant engineering experience without a degree
- Demonstrated experience inpersonnel management/team leadership
- Previousexperience in Cloud Migration
- Ability to obtain and maintain aSecret clearance.
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- PMP certification preferred, butnot required.
- Abilityto meet security clearance requirements
- Abilityto serve as a strategic advisor to senior clients for the development of Cloudtransformation roadmaps
- Mustbe versatile, enthusiastic to work in a fluid environment, team-oriented, ateam motivator, and have exceptional communication, analytical andorganizational skills.
- Abilityto interpret/comprehend contractual requirements in a performance work statement
- Abilityto interpret/comprehend data item description exhibits that explain how theCustomer wants CDRLs completed
- Abilityto motivate a diverse team with competing personalities
- Abilityto interpret/comprehend quality assurance surveillance plans
- Mustbe proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Mustbe proficient with Microsoft Project and Visio
- Mustbe proficient with JIRA
- Knowledgein Agile Methodology
- Knowledgein Cloud Infrastructure
URL blocked - click to apply(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Coaching And Mentoring