Senior Insights Analyst / Insights Manager - Energy Team
People in the Insights & Consulting roles at Escalent lead the development of insights and storytelling and own the data analysis and reporting phases of our work. We have a development path that encourages continual growth. The progression steps include: Associate, Insights Analyst, Senior Insights Analyst, Insights Manager, Senior Insights Manager, and Director of Insights. There is a parallel path of roles called Project Management that focuses on the project logistics, timing and budget.
Insights & Consulting positions are accountable for:
- Presenting insights that address the client or industry’s needs.
- Proper application of analytical techniques & tools
- Creating client-ready materials on time
- Sound process & integrity of insights
What would you do?
You will work closely with colleagues in Project Management and Sales & Strategic Growth in delivering our solutions in a high-quality manner.
You serve as:
- the architect of primary data collection processes,
- the owner of the analytical plan,
- steward of data quality,
- framer of the storyline,
- creator of the deliverables, and
- builder of credibility with our clients
- Manage multiple research projects with minimal oversight.
- Design and/or update questionnaires utilizing sound research methods to achieve quality results
- Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends.
- Continuously monitor quality levels, and manage quality problems.
- Ensure quality of and approve programmed questionnaires, including communication with the programmer or programming vendor.
- Analyze research results and collaborate with the Client Management team member to interpret research findings and implications.
- Write reports or prepare deliverables that add value to the client by relating the research findings to the business objectives in a manner that is clear, presentable and actionable.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience in market research, consumer behavior, or industry analyst roles. (3 years or more preferred.)
- Prior experience supporting market research projects in the industry preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience using Qualtrics, strongly preferred.
- Must be capable of of serving as the point-of-contact on research studies and independently managing the day to day details accordingly
- Must be capable of independently designing survey questions / questionnaires that meet standards and achieve study objectives
- Must have above average communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must instill confidence with project team members and client contacts when communicating directly with clients.
- Must be able to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in at least 1 data analysis package (e.g. SPSS, SAS) required.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.