Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Stepdown - Cape Fear Valley Health - Fayetteville, NC
Cape Fear Valley Health System is currently seeking an ICU Stepdown Registered Nurse to join our team.
***$5,000 Sign On Bonus for experienced Full Time RN's***
**Additionally, relocation assistance is available if relocating from outside of North Carolina**
Excellent Pay & Benefits!
Flexible schedules available!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Stepdown Position Summary:
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Stepdown Registered Nurse will assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. ICU Stepdown Registered Nurses (RN) provide advanced nursing care for patients with acute conditions. ICU Stepdown Nurses will care for pre- and post-operative patients and perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Tasks include but are not limited to:
* Evaluate patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
* Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
* Assess patients' pain levels.
* Administer medications.
* Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
* Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs.
* Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
* Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions.
* Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Stepdown Qualifications:
- Current licensure in North Carolina as a Registered Nurse or Compact state licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- At least 1 year RN experience required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), required.
- ACLS preferred.
- Other certifications as required by department.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration
Basic Life Support
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit