Goodyear. More Driven.
Information Technology Internship Program
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 66,000 people and manufacture our products in 48 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Our two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standards for the industry. At Goodyear, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company's success. For more information, go to [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, headquartered in Akron, Ohio, is looking for talented leaders to significantly strengthen its global leadership depth and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization. Potential assignments will be working closely with all other functional areas of the business including Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Research and Development, and Retail to support Goodyear’s activities and may rotate according to the interest and skills of the individual. The goal of this program is to build a pipe-line of candidates for Goodyear’s IT Development Program, which is designed to develop graduates into future, high-performing IT Professionals through broad exposure to various business and technical disciplines. Interns can expect experiences in the following areas of focus:
- Applications Support & Development
- Business Process Analysis
- Project Management / Manufacturing Operations
- Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security, Risk Management, and Access Management
- Manufacturing Operations
- Retail Point-of-Sales Solutions
- Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP)
In addition to challenging, engaging, and interesting work assignments, interns have the opportunity to meet and interact with other IT interns, as well as interns in other functional areas and from different schools. Educational and social events are coordinated for during and after work hours to help interns learn more about Goodyear. Several Goodyear leaders present various topics to help interns begin to think about significant business issues and their career options. Interns even have the opportunity to speak with the Goodyear Senior Leadership Team.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must be actively pursuing a Bachelors Degree; preferred majors include: Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other business/technology disciplines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Strong candidates should:
- Have a passion for technology
- Seek a wide range of opportunities for growth and development
- Value and appreciate diversity and working in global environment
- Excel in project work and delivering results
- Prefer a culture of open communications and want to contribute in a team setting
- Be fast learners who are able to self-manage and keep up with the rapidly changing technological field
It is required that you go to [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply to create your candidate profile in order to be eligible for this position. A separate profile must be created for each position applied. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Information Technology, Engineer, ERP, Warehouse, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing
Process Analysis (Business)
Management Information Systems