To inspect raw goods, work in progress, assemblies, finish goods and returned goods
• Interprets manufacturing and finish specifications from engineering drawings.
• Performs first piece inspection of manufactured parts as required.
• Performs visual check and print verification of manufactured parts as required.
• Inspects purchased materials and components as required.
• Inspects returned goods as required.
• Uses variety of measuring instruments, gauges, etc. to check close tolerances.
• Uses testing equipment such as rockwell hardness tester to check material characteristics.
• Determines reasons for failures.
• Maintains inspection records and files
• Determines process capabilities and reports to management.
• Keeps work area and equipment neat, clean and orderly.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Tape measure, micrometers, dial calipers, workbench, engineering drawings, tags pencils, paper, dollies, hardness tester, gauges, gram scale, moisture detector, optical comparator, CMM, PC terminal, printer, digital camera
Relevant Work Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while cutting costs; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; wears all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Dependability and Attendance – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to work hours, arriving on time, each day; Completes tasks on time
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and low speed assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Ames offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)
Personal Protective Equipment