To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nevada, MO 64772
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant 2
Smithfield Foods • Nevada, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for Smithfield Hog Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Prepares purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records for items or services purchased, costs, deliveries, and inventories.
- Discusses defective, unacceptable, or missing goods/services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine issues.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Utilizes input from production to determine appropriate purchases and vendor selection that products or services are purchased from.
- Receives incoming shipments with use of forklift and allocates items to departments.
- Inventories nursery program supplies, monitors usage of medication, keeps records, fills and ships supplies, and charges items to groups.
- Checks for accuracy and matches purchase orders, packing slips, and invoices to submit to accounting for payment.
- Maintains good working relationship with departments.
- Purchases and receives goods on computer through Enterprise One.
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Works in the warehouse.
- Responsible for complying with all environmental laws and procedures according to company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Spreadsheets etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and a self starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on customer service.