Why Join Altec?
South Texas Service Center- 2nd Shift
Altec is a leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. The company provides products and services in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Become a technical expert in a company that custom designs, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services products that are industry leaders.
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply. See more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Equipment Mechanic- Shop Technician
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. Techs progress with on-going factory training and development, world-class technical support, and a company drawing on 90+ years of experience in providing products and services.
Please send resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Equipment Mechanic- Shop Technician
And apply now at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Equipment Mechanic- Shop Technician
The purpose of this position is to provide quality service and repair of the Altec product line and select complementary/competitive equipment, primarily but not limited to truck-mounted hydraulic equipment. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is holding fast to the Altec Company Values.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to complete training and seek assistance
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and operate forklifts
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- Overtime and shift work may be required.
- Educational background related to mechanics, electronics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with servicing related equipment, e.g., truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) repair
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
- Heavy Equipment