Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a highly motivated Solutions Architect with proven web development skills to support a digital transformation within USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). In this position, you will have the opportunity to assess, plan, design, assemble and propose solutions to integrate various applications both internal and external to USAID/OTI. You will also use your hands-on technical skills to help build new web applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes. The current development team builds customized- web applications to meet OTI user specifications. OTI is a fast-paced, exciting office where you will have the opportunity to be part of an elite team on the cutting edge of emerging issues around the world.
- Assess, analyze, design, and propose technical solutions for the delivery of integrated systems across several bureaus and offices within USAID
- Architect and design implementation of cloud infrastructure solutions
- Diagram and present project solutions, within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through working sessions with IT Team and stakeholders
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Assist in the development of CMS functionality using contributed modules, along with creating custom modules
- Serve as expert on APIs as it relates to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented based on industry best practices
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Maintain testing plans, provide test results and recommendations to developers
- Support end-to-end project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 6+ years of solution architecture combined with 2+ years of web development experience
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with additional work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Ability to describe the applicable system’s structures, define software features, identify technical problems, write business proposals and to make presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels and background
- Excellent knowledge of open source solutions, including CMS’s
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL-MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), also adhere to coding standards and documentation.
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Good understanding of Data Modeling and flow diagrams including architecture frameworks such as Zachman and ToGAG as well as the ability to model data in UML
- Drupal, Composer, PHP 7
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Have worked with Jira, Bitbucket/Github (Git)
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Amazon Web Services
Scrum (Software Development)
Systems Development Life Cycle
Lamp (Software Bundle)
Agile Software Development