Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary:
Supports the Daiichi Sankyo U.S. and EU locations by providing data, information and knowledge support that will help the organization advance pipeline development, grow business opportunities and drive innovation. Primary information liaison for expert research. Responsibilities:
Act as expert resource within library group for searching to all clients; Consults competitive intelligence team members on other complex searches.
Construct and manage expert search strategies for the organization that feed into SharePoint and other deliverables; Support pharmacovigilance with DSURs, PSURs, NDAs, automation of updates.
Help market library services and resources, conduct ongoing outreach to other functional groups to determine needs for additional services, promote the sharing of information and knowledge across the organization.
Help select and manage external vendor(s) to maintain appropriate levels of research coverage, especially for peak times/projects.
Support teams in non-literature review projects, including manage references for submissions.
Evaluate information resources for licensing; Work with the Content Portfolio Senior Associate to provide training to employees. Qualifications: Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science or comparable experience required
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Library / Information Science or a Life Science preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate library function or equivalent
- Experience and facility in working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary global environment
- Ability to work at a high level in matrixed environment with many cross-functional partners
- Expert searching skills in many different platforms, such as PubMed, OVID, Cortellis, EvaluatePharma, BioMedTracker, taScan, Citeline, Micromedex, etc.
- Strong experience with pharmacovigilance searching, including adverse events, risks, comorbidities, epidemiology, combinations
- Strong experience with a literature repository platform, such as Quosa
- Strong experience with a bibliographic tools, such as EndNote
- Must be self-driven, with demonstrated leadership in the support of projects
- Strong capability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Technology literate including WebEx, GoToMeeting, BizInt
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.