Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Flooring Solutions Concrete Technician
As a Service Technician, you will coordinate with the leadership team to provide an exemplary level of service to our customers, demonstrate skills and performance in the use, operation, set up and repair of all company equipment. This position requires the individual to demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance that will be respected by other service personnel.
- Performs all levels of repair on-site.
- Keeps track of rental equipment (inventory) and coordinates deliveries, pick-ups and service calls with customers.
- Maintains warehouse area.
- Experience in break down and repair of concrete motor driven equipment, including routine repairs
- Diagnostic expertise to diagnose equipment needs to meet standards in areas such as safety, mechanical and quality appearance/cosmetic. Understand routine repair needs for all aspects of equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair skills in mechanical and electrical systems
- Clean, repair, order and install all necessary parts to ensure these standards are met
- Responsible for sourcing and inventory management of parts and supplies
- Complete and maintain equipment service records including damage repair, preventative maintenance and warranty processing.
- Ensure decals are replaced and equipment is cleaned, then detailed
- Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record free from points.
- Keeps records and maintains company vehicle. This includes: washing, oil-changes and general safety inspection. Any defect or variation from normal performance should be reported to the supervisor.
- Maintains and tracks company tools and supplies. (Broken tools should be brought to supervisor for replacement.) Provides own tools as outlined.
- Oversees and maintains wash bay and wash bay area to ensure proper maintenance, preventative maintenance and a safe, clean work environment.
- Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
- Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork. Keeps track of serial numbers.
- Delivers and installs rented equipment. Trains authorized operator (and/or customer) on safe use of equipment.
- Implements proper and safe procedures
- Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment.
- Demonstrates a professional and courteous demeanor to customers.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication. Takes accurate phone messages and has a clear, professional manner when speaking with customers. Communicates effectively with staff.
- Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings.
- Cleans and tests returned equipment making sure operation and appearance is up to standards.
- Successfully troubleshoots and completely understands the operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of any piece of rental equipment. Understands advanced electrical motors and controls and their operations.
Valid driver's license free from points, required
Some after-hours and weekend work will be required during peak times
Basic hand tools required
Education & Experience:
- Basic math skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to operate commercial vehicles
- Sweeper/Scrubber and Surface Preparation product line background preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Oil And Gas