As an Estimator on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will prepare the estimates for assigned construction disciplines by analyzing specifications and contract plans to determine cost efficient quantities and construction practices to reach schedule and price goals.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados USA, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and person-hour figures.
- Reviews final estimate to ensure defined work aligns with overall project schedule and cost goals.
- Prepares discipline estimates by calculating takeoff of scope of work. Calculates material quantity requirements from engineering staff.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Assists with cost evaluations related to change orders based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a heavy civil estimating or cost control.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy civil infrastructure industry (roads, bridges, tunnels, etc.) focused on estimating or cost control.
- Ability to be read design drawings and identify scopes of work, perform quantity take-off and prepare estimate.
- Proficient with Excel, HCSS, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and pdf-based quantity take-off softwares.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- This position may require visit to the job site to perform crew composition analysis/time-studies.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet all project deadlines
- Must be a team player and have flexibility/desire to take on numerous tasks
- Communication and interpersonal skills for clear and effective support research, recommendations and pricing.
- Technical writing skills.
- Time management and strong prioritization skills to meet tight turnaround and bid deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Attention To Detail
- Technical Writings