Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Marriott Vacation Club®
Marriott Vacation Club is a global leader in the vacation ownership industry and highly regarded for its quality and unique flexibility. The more than 50 Marriott Vacation Club properties throughout the United States, Caribbean, Europe and Asia offer a lifetime of memorable vacations to more than 413,000 Owner families and feature 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas with spacious interiors. In 2010, the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations™ program was introduced offering unmatched experiences and unparalleled flexibility through the use of Vacation Club Points in four Collections that can be tailored to fit an Owner's travel needs.
The College Internship Program is offered at select locations in the following 3 regions: East, Florida and West. Interested candidates should apply to their desired region and specify location preferences on the application.
New Jersey Galloway
California Newport Coast
Offered at U.S. based resorts and Corporate Headquarters the Facilities Maintenance College Internship Program is an immersion program offering participants work experience in the Facilities Maintenance department within a resort. Interns will participate in the following activities; comprehensive onboarding, operational duties within their assigned department, eLearning, and virtual meetings with company leaders, job shadowing, and a business case project.
The College Internship Program is designed to last 3-6 months depending upon the participant's availability and the needs of the property. The participants should expect to work a full time schedule in this program. All College Internships are paid at an hourly wage.
Successful College Interns will be given a high level of consideration when applying for future career opportunities with Marriott Vacation Club.
Participants will be expected to learn and preform the job duties of the position(s) within their assigned department.
Some Key Areas of Focus in Facilities Management:
- Common Facility Manager terminology/acronyms
- Resorts Facility Manager operational structure
- Facility Manager standards and managing work orders
- Energy conservation
- Frequency and structure of the inspection process
- Safety programs, including: OSHA Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Risk Management, SDS and EPA overview
- Complete evaluation of the Facility Manager Operations Review
Participants will also learn components of what drives Guest Satisfaction and Associate Engagement on site will have opportunities to contribute to these important matters. Interns will be introduced to and have the opportunity to demonstrate the company's values and core beliefs.
- Candidate should be pursuing a college degree.
- It is preferred that the candidate is actively pursuing a degree in Facilities Maintenance Management, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or HVAC.
- Prior work experience preferred.
- Past Interns who are interested in completing an additional internship will be considered first. Previous performance rating will be taken into consideration.
Standards of Dress & Grooming
- All interns must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation Policy HR-EMP-19 Standards of Appearance.
- All interns for whom a uniform has been provided must wear the appropriate uniform. Uniforms must be neat and clean at all times. Alterations to uniforms are allowed only if prior approval has been obtained from a supervisor/manager. Missing buttons should be replaced and tears or holes repaired before the uniform is worn.
- Non-uniformed interns should dress with good business taste and in clothing appropriate to their jobs. Good business taste does not include blue jeans, shorts, spandex pants, tank tops, midriffs, halter tops, or other generally recognized casual sportswear. Dress or skirt length should be no shorter than four inches above the knee. All interns must wear proper undergarments. Corporate office interns must adhere to policy EMP-20 Corporate Office Business Dress Guidelines.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.