To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morrisville, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Morrisville, NC
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking to add a Lead Scientist to our pharmaceutical company in Raleigh, NC. This person will be critical to our department and perform some of the project director responsibilities for product development and method transfers. As a Lead Scientist, this person will be working closely with other members of the team in order to support specific projects, with minimum supervision.
- The laboratory Analytical and Formulation Resource group is responsible for the support of biopharmaceutical analytical method development and stability for projects working product development in a range of dosage forms both directly with customers and in collaboration with other client facilities. The successful candidate will be a Lead Scientist conducting analysis of large molecules (proteins, mABs, etc) using techniques such as UPLC/HPLC (SEC, IC, IEX, RP, glycan, etc) and capillary electrophoresis (icIEF, CE-SDS).
- The Lead Scientist works with minimum supervision, and may get assisted by laboratory technicians/associates. He/she demonstrates potential for technical proficiency and scientific creativity through broad assignments. He/she may be responsible for setting and defining technical objectives and assessing results. Comply with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Leading scientific projects as a technical/team leader in analytical and formulation resources team supporting projects focused on large molecules
- Serves as subject matter expert for analytical biochemistry and chemistry techniques not limited to HPLC, Mass Spectrometry (e.g. LC/MS), Capillary Electrophoresis (CE), Peptide Mapping and Amino Acid Analysis (AAA).
- Develop and execute laboratory work plans for self and junior members of team, using customer milestones and site standards and metrics
- Author and may approve technical documents, such as protocols, test methods, text reports, certificates of analysis, and operating procedures
- Review technical documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance
- Direct technical staff, including work assignments and performance management
- Develop and execute efficiency improvement projects
- The ideal candidate will have PHD in biochemistry with experience in biophysical characterization experience in macromolecule characterization such as peptide mapping, AAA, monosaccharide analysis, sialic acid analysis, etc using techniques such SEC-HPLC, UV-HPLC, LC/MS, IC
- PhD 5+ years related experience OR Master’s 10+ years related experience OR Bachelor’s 15+ years of related experience
- Prior experience working in a GMP lab is desirable
- Method development, optimization, validation and sample testing experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
To apply to this position please send resume to:Vickie Dagit, email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178