To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bacyrus, OH 44820
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Design Engineering Technician
Apex Systems • Bacyrus, OH
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex systems is looking for a Customer Design Engineering Technician in Bacyrus, Ohio. If interested, please submit an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Responsible to the assigned supervisor to perform technical work and related activities associated with the planning, engineering, design, analysis, research, development, testing, construction, maintenance and operation of Company equipment and facilities.
- Establishing Residential/Commercial/Industrial customer service by interacting with customers to determine electrical needs with respect to new services, service upgrades, facility relocations, etc. Once the customer's needs are determined, designing the facilities needed to meet the needs of the customer. Determining what, if any, costs are to be passed onto the customer and billing them accordingly.
- Contacting the Project Design Group for advice on system improvements needed to serve new loads and other issues as needed.
- Obtaining simple easements for projects and consulting with the Western Ohio Right of Way Agent to obtain more complex easements.
- Preparing required orders, obtain right of way, etc. to implement recommended system improvements such as capacity improvements, pole replacements, recloser reconditioning, etc.
- Participating in storm restoration work - specifically assessment of storm damage (once adequate field experience has been gained). This may require travel within the State of Ohio and out of the State of Ohio
- Learning and understanding safety Standards, NESC Codes, OSHA Rules, Accounting Practices, CIAC Rules, Tariffs and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Learning and becoming proficient in the use of: Microsoft Outlook, LD Pro, Smallworld, Fieldview, PDS, EEMS, TLM, STORMS, OPS, JERI, CAD and other Microsoft applications.
- 0 years of experience with an associates degree in Electrical, Electronic, Civil or Mechanical Technology OR
- 3 years of Utility experience with a high school diploma or GED
- Depending on assignment, may be required to work on customer facilities in remote or rough terrain. Must have the physical capabilities to perform all work assignments.
- Job may entail some travel and exposure to situations that require the knowledge, understanding, and adherence to applicable safety procedures. May require extended hours to accomplish assigned tasks to meet work requirements and schedules.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- A contract technician will be required to utilize their personal vehicle for work related transportation.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.