JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
***Position not available for Teleworking***
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Perform senior-level logistics/analyses and supply support tasks within a specific work unit (ILS planning, maintenance planning, supply support, test and support equipment, packaging/handling/storage/transportation, personnel and training, facilities, data, computer resources, design interface) for systems, subsystems, and equipment.
* Perform logistics element analyses and studies.
* Review reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc., and generate reports.
* Perform or oversee performance of physical inventorying, cataloging, warehousing, material/property control coordination, and data entry in support of various supply activities.
* Assist with the entry and maintenance of logistics support data and documents in computer databases.
* Perform customer interface with minimum supervision to define and report status of routine tasks.
* Assist with maintenance of logistics support planning, policy, procedure and similar documents.
* Prepare routine logistics correspondence.
* Provide work direction to subordinate personnel.
* Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 50 pounds (anything heavier requires two or more people or mechanical assistance), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills, be able to work under deadlines, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The incumbent must be able to work duty days in excess of eight hours and perform shift and weekend work to meet required schedule demands. This position may require travel.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree in Business/Logistics or a related field or an equivalent combination of formal training and seven years of related work experience is required. Good communication skills, working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications, organizational skills, and the ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a valid state issued driver's license.
A Little about Ridgecrest, California
This position is based in Ridgecrest, California, within Kern County in the southern part of the Indian Wells Valley. Residents are attracted to the area for its clean air, good water, highway accessibility, easy access to multiple recreational opportunities, and proximity to major Southern California resources in Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and the Antelope Valley.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
SCC: JLS8; A4CLR
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Self Motivation
- Packaging And Labeling