If you are interested please contact Angela Woehler at Email blocked - click to apply.
Apex is looking for a UNIX System Administrator to support our project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of the position are based on a 24x7x365 schedule that includes shift work for UNIX server system administration tasks that include the following;
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent UNIX based Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services.
- Utilize UNIX scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, Powershell, etc.) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated).
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Work with and manage Incident Management tickets within help desk ticketing system.
- Perform back-up/recovery functions for UNIX server environments.
- Perform all security/compliance functions for UNIX server environments, including (Assured Compliance Acceptance Center (ACAS), SPLUNK, Host Based Security System (HBSS), Enterprise Security Posture System (ESPS), etc.) to monitor and mitigate vulnerabilities and ensure compliance within specified timelines.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Min of 5 years of experience
- Relevant UNIX Server System Administration
- IA and OS certs per DoD 8570
- US Citizenship and the Ability to Obtain/Maintain an Active DOD Secret clearance
- 50 hrs of continuing education every 3 yrs
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Montgomery, AL
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Windows Server 2008