Looking For A Job That Is Rewarding, Pays You While You Train and Has Great Benefits
Look No Further
Macon Citizens Habilities, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization which provides community -based services to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Western North Carolina for the past 38 years. MCH is a CARF Accredited Agency.
Come work for MCH as a Direct Support Professional training and providing active treatment to persons with developmental disabilities to become more independent in their day to day activities.
We envision people with developmental disabilities reaching their highest potential, having a quality of life that ensures their well-being in a community where all people are accepted and treated with respect, fairness and dignity.
MCH provides an excellent benefit package: Health, Dental and Vision insurance as well as other supplemental insurance, Paid Time Off, 10 Paid holidays, 32 Personal Hours, and a company matched 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Pay starts at $10.00/hr. and increases to $12.00/hr. after a brief training period.
If interested, go to www.maconcitizens.org for more information about our organization.
Must be at least 21 years’ old
Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings
Have a valid NCDL
Have high school diploma OR equivalent
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Franklin and Sylva, NC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Insures that active treatment is ongoing by implementing planned learning experiences, goals, and objectives for each person served and documenting progress according to standards, regulations, and MCH policy as trained. Provides a normalized atmosphere appropriate to the needs of the residents and insures that the least restrictive environment is available in order to help the residents increase independence. Provides transportation for clients as needed for appointments, work, recreational activities.
• Carries out procedures and schedules for physical operation of the group home under supervision of QIDP and group home manager.
• Follows universal precautions and OSHA regulations at all times.
• Develops activities and situations within the group home which encourage interaction among clients and insures that clients have opportunities to participate in community activities. .
• Assists clients in development of and implementation of appropriate hygiene as well as grooming, dressing and etiquette.
• Assists in arrangements for visitors to the home and for clients visits outside the home with family and friends.
• Detects signs of illness or dysfunction that need medical or nursing intervention and reports to appropriate persons immediately.
• Ensures 24-hour coverage of the group home and health and safety of clients.
• Serves as a advocate for the residents at all times.
• Participates in training, habilitation planning, and staff meetings as required.
• Maintains confidentiality of client protected health information and limits access to client record to completing required documentation and information that is essential to carrying out the responsibilities of an habilitation assistant.
Diseases And Disorders