PGW Auto Glass, a large automotive aftermarket distributor has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Manager. PGW AG is part of LKQ Corporation, the largest provider of aftermarket collision replacement products, recycled OEM products and refurbished OEM collision replacement products. LKQ is also a leading distributor of paint and body shop supplies.
This position is responsible for safe and profitable operations. The incumbent oversees all aspects of daily branch operations. Key focus areas include Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Lean/5S and Housekeeping, Inventory Management, Sales, Staff Recruitment, Labor Productivity and Cost Control.
The incumbent is provided weekly branch performance metrics to proactively develop and implement improvement measures, using Lean and Six Sigma principles as a tool to refine activities within the scope of his/her responsibilities including the following:
- Comply with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free warehouse environment with a focus on safe driving and injury prevention.
- Utilize lean concepts and good 5S/Housekeeping to ensure efficient flow of products/materials through the warehouse with minimum waste and to provide an organized, safe and clean workplace. Key metrics include operational review score, housekeeping checklists and 5S audit score.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory records by participating with the Supply Chain team in ongoing management of branch inventory to provide guidance and leadership to branch personnel concerning inventory management practices.
- Monitor Key Metrics relative to inventory, which includes inventory shrinkage, inventory turns and fill rate percent, to maintain accurate records of finished goods inventory.
- Recruit, train, coach and motivate a qualified warehouse staff; instill the desire to provide customers with excellent service, courteous treatment and quality products.
- Manage branch labor such that customer requirements can be met with minimal overtime to meet budgeted labor costs.
- Monitor branch expenditures on purchases of materials, products, equipment and utilities to ensure cost controls are in place and remain within budget amounts. Key metrics include CPU, Profitability vs. Plan and Overhead Cost vs. Plan.
- Maintain daily contact with key branch customers and proactively work with Sales Representatives to support the market sales strategy and ensure customer requirements are met. Key metric is Revenue vs. Plan.
- Maintain compliance all with Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must possess a two to four-year degree in Business, Distribution, or a related field, along with a minimum of two years of experience in warehouse management, customer service or a customer sales development role as well as two years of experience in employee supervision or management. Experience in lean or six sigma principles is highly desirable for this position as well.
In addition, the incumbent must be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision and be able to recruit, train, lead, develop and motivate a team to produce positive results. S/he must possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal skills for decision-making, problem-solving and delegation, a drive for being results-oriented with customer service and safety focus. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules
A U.S. driver’s license and an excellent MVR record is required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The position requires the individual to be on their feet for extended periods of time except when operating machinery or performing administrative and supervisory responsibilities. Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as sit, walk, push, pull, bend, and climb with ability to move/lift up to 75 pounds. Should not have lifting restrictions nor be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels based on climate. The incumbent is regularly exposed to a warehouse work environment with moving mechanical parts as well as a comfortable office environment. Noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Distribution (Business)
- Inventory Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Warehouse Inventory Management
- Customer Satisfaction