Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager
Position Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Maintenance Manager ,
- Modern food processing facility, equipped with complex electrical and mechanical systems including boilers, ammonia compressors, air compressors and hydraulic systems.
- The Maintenance Manager will oversee the overall operation and maintenance of processing equipment, repair, troubleshooting and upgrading systems, tools, building and grounds.
- Maintenance best practices, continuous improvement and total productive maintenance (TPM).
- USDA, FDA, OHSA, EPA, DEQ etc. This position will manager all maintenance costs for the plant and department budget
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create an environment where safety is a primary concern.
• Supervise and direct the maintenance team and staff by providing training and development.
• Lead talent development activities for front-line maintenance team; assess technical skills of the maintenance team; build and drive development plans for each maintenance team member to ensure maintenance knowledge and skills are developed. Ensure that safety training is provided to the team and that proper safety practices are followed.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
• Coordinate and direct day-to-day operations of the maintenance activity, including determining needed repairs and improvements. Trouble-shoot and resolve problems with machinery, equipment and facility by responding on call 24 hours.
• Establish project timelines and deliverables by prioritizing and assigning work tasks, and scheduling work to most effectively meet facility need.
• Establish KPI’s for the maintenance team, track results and report to Senior Management.
• Participate in designing and developing future production capacities by attending engineering meetings;.
• Collaborate with engineering in various plant projects in developing and implementing modifications and improvements. Will recommend specifications and scheduling for contracts. Including negotiating prices and inspecting contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
• Monitor and maintain safe operation of ammonia system, Conduct training in ammonia safety and rescue, and HazWoper training.
•Determines the Preventive Maintenance cycle of each part or function of all active equipment and machinery in order to minimize production down time.
• Preventive Maintenance, ensures the completion of activity and keeps records. Documents departmental activity through preparation of various reports, work orders, maintenance schedules and other incidental record keeping.
• Prepares, implements and monitors departmental budget. Maintains, monitors and tracks manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
• Plans Capital expenditure budget with the General Manager and control inventory of asset equipment.
• Associates degree or equivalent or technical school plus five (5) or more years related experience; high-paced manufacturing environment.
• Strong Lean experience, Kaizen, 5M5Y, STPD, TPM.
• Experience with 3-phase power system, PLC controls, general troubleshooting and PM programs preferred.
• Blueprints, parts manuals, machine drawings and use computer system programs such as Visio.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
Total Productive Maintenance