To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Griffith, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Asst II - Admin
Total Safety • Griffith, IN
Posted 2 months ago
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs clerical and administrative duties for assigned department. Prepares documents, correspondence, presentations and reports as assigned. Edits and proofs for grammar, spelling, and clarity of expression, organization, and conformance to company specifications. Proofs art or graphics and verifies that art and text agree. Compiles, copies, binds and distributes projects or coordinates outsourcing of production.
- Collects, compiles and reviews moderately complex data and information for inclusion in reports and presentation materials. Enters data from various sources to maintain and update various databases and spreadsheets. Ensures data integrity by verifying input and calculations.
- Works with assigned team to develop and maintain standard templates for regular departmental activities, reports and presentations to maximize efficiency and reduce turnaround time.
- Assists others by furnishing information and helping with problem resolution. Answers most questions via phone or email independently and provides accurate and timely information. Takes accurate phone and verbal messages and ensures that messages are communicated in a timely manner.
- Creates, runs and distributes standard and customized periodic reports, to communicate follow-up requirements and to summarize reports, etc. Prepares basic review /analysis of reports and provides summary and/or deviations to facilitate review. Maintains organized computer and/or hard copy files for easy identification and retrieval.
- Plans, coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings conferences and special events. Coordinates scheduling, travel for attendees, meeting materials, AV and catering arrangements.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
- Assists others in department as necessary. Assists others in office as needed including providing back-up reception. May assist with departmental human resource functions, which may include maintaining time off request, training less experienced personnel, preparation of confidential personnel information and new hire orientation. Cross-trains with others as assigned.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Some knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Direct experience with knowledge of departmental function, procedures, terminology and interrelationships.
Other Required Skills: PC skills with knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and other departmental software programs. Ability to maintain spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements. Ability to pay close attention to details and present good planning, organization, and time management skills. Ability to work effectively with interruptions and consistently meet or exceed production and quality goals. Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
Interpersonal Communications: Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance. Some contact with other departments or external contacts to clarify, obtain and furnish information. Effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and good telephone etiquette.
While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Spends most of the time in an office environment. Occasional visit to shop area.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Work consists of tasks, processes or operations where the employee must select and apply standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Resolves most questions independently by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing with a supervisor. Must adhere to departmental policies, schedules and deadlines. Must conform to standard work practices (safety, security, environmental procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct.)
Authority: Works under general supervision, with broad instructions covering what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. Frequently provides guidance to less experienced personnel. Models and teaches compliance with all work practices, policies and procedures.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).