This role will perform a variety of engineering duties by applying engineering techniques and analyses. Assignment may be to a structured rotational program which would include experience in analysis, design inspection as well as construction management. Assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is expected.
- Performs various engineering and design assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories studied in a four-year university engineering program, and available data in the engineering field.
- Prepares or assists in preparing fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input to CAD Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- Establish design calculations and plans ensure matching to the guidelines, the code requirements and other regulations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates and other technical documents.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil Engineering
- 5-8 years of related work experience
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in civil, or a related field.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is also required.
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
DRAGADOS USA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1365
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Dragados is an international contractor established in 1941 that specializes in major infrastructure projects, including bridges, roads and highways, tunnels and underground projects, buildings, energy and environmental infrastructure, dams and hydraulic works worldwide. Dragados S.A. is the construction arm of ACS Group, one of the leading infrastructure developers in the world with presence in more than 40 countries.
View the full profile
The projects built by Dragados S.A. are recognized by their sheer size, technical intricacy, use of the latest technologies, and innovation to resolve technical challenges.