Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Who We Are
We are a unique global organization with a culture of individuals passionately committed to our respective crafts. With underwriting at our core, each of us contributes to providing the best insurance coverage and service to our clients. Working together, we are one Chubb. Our highly collaborative, inclusive nature helps us drive better business outcomes through diversity of background, experiences, insights and values. We approach problems with a can-do attitude and are committed to developing deep relationships — all while moving quickly to meet client needs.
Senior Underwriter, Medical Facilities
Under limited supervision, handle medical facilities healthcare book of business in the Midwest region.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeking strong technical underwriting skills focused on physician and hospital based exposure
- The ability to negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability goals for the Company
- Service oriented focus on timely responses to broker requests
- Achieve new business development, rate and retention plans
- Ability to effectively interact with brokerage, customer and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Partner with business develop managers to seek out new distribution sources
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor products
Travel is necessary to develop and maintain broker/client relationships
This position reports to a Vice President of CHUBB Healthcare
- Six to eight years hospital facilities underwriting experience
- Must possess strong analytical medical professional liability underwriting skill
- Ability to handle both middle market to large sized risks
- Strong interpersonal skills, manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Undergraduate degree required
- CPCU desired
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Excel required
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Business Development
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter
- Interpersonal Skills
- Market Trend