Postal/Zip Code: 02743
P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Safely and efficiently controls movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects under the supervision of the superintendent.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- May use signs, hand signals and other mechanisms to communicate with motorists and co-workers.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Warns construction and paving workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience
- 5 years of previous experience required.
- Display a professional attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to effectively convey information.
- Must be able to quickly respond with little notice
- Ability to efficiently shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information.
- Must be able to focus and not be distracted over long periods of time.
- Depth perception to judge the distance between objects
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet) and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet)!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
P.J. Keating Company is part of the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Traffic Control Laborer (Acushnet) network.
Personal Protective Equipment