To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Kelly Finance
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Real Estate Accountant
Kelly Financial Resources • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Real Estate Accountant This is a temporary position with our client a premier full-service real estate services company with a significant global presence. Position is scheduled to last 2+ mos with a possibility of extension and is located in Los Angeles, CA. Hours: Monday – Friday 8am- 5:00 pm Pay Rate: $30.00-38.00/hour Job Description:
- Apply cash, accrual and full GAAP accounting principles to prepare, analyze, maintain and deliver complete and accurate financial reports for a highly complex or strategic portfolio of clients and properties.
- Complete and oversee advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages.
- Create and post journal entries.
- Ensure that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generate and review financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting.
- Prepare packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams. Adhere to Real Estate Accounting Policies and Procedures (REAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Review and audit funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Respond to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements.
- Research open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Create or review complex property budgets and forecasting for assigned property portfolios.
- Participate in new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Communicate requests for additional services from clients and the field to senior management and understands the scope of accounting services for the properties in portfolio.
- May oversee the completion of projects including independent preparation and review of CAM (Common Area Maintenance) reconciliations, purchase/sale proration, lease abstract analysis, property software setups, and opening/closing entry generations.
- Coordinate work with other team members within single point-of-contact (SPOC) guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or similar discipline and at least 2-3 years of relevant experience. Candidates must be open to working as a temp for 6-8 weeks with possibility of conversion depending on business needs. The candidate must have experience with property reviews, variance analysis, debt compliance, real estate/property accounting experience, Yardi experience and strong analytical skills.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like you.
Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.