America's Best is part of National Vision, one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. The America’s Best brand continues to grow, with 800 stores and counting. Each location combines both parts of the optical equation – eyewear and eye care – into one excellent experience at a single low price.
For more details about America's Best, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
By overseeing the daily operations of our stores, including personnel management and inventory control, our Assistant Eyeglass Managers keep customers coming back by providing a positive experience from start to finish – and keeping associates happy, too.
How would you like to have Sundays off? Yes, every Sunday we are closed!
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Drives, monitors, and achieves profit, sales and performance goals according to National Vision standards. Monitors retail operating costs, budgets, and resources.
- Optimizes and oversees the eyeglass department to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines. Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement.
- Conveys a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and ensures all associates do the same.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Ensures effective merchandising and execution of marketing, pricing promotions, and initiatives according to Brand and Company standards.
- Supervises and motivates Opticians and CL Sales associates (in some stores the Receptionist) and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assists the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs, recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Leads and coaches associates towards the attainment of sales and customer service goals.
- Mentor potential Apprentice Opticians as permitted by law.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Maintain Optical license as required by the state.
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate relationships.
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for success.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope.
- ABO and NCLE Certified
Taking care of our people
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Financial Management