Kforce's client, a well-known organization in New Hyde Park, Long Island, New York (NY) is searching for a Specialist Cable Plant.
An ideal candidate will have experience in installing and managing low voltage cabling for network and phones for large projects/construction and understanding of what components make up the infrastructure would be helpful. Healthcare experience is a plus. This role will require travel throughout NYC (Western Region) and Staten Island. You could use public transportation as well. Though New Hyde Park is a home base, your time will be limited in that office.
This firm is offering superb medical benefits, amazing work/life balance, and strong retention. Responsible for the coordination, design and implementation of Low Voltage PDS Infrastructure Cabling as it relates to IS Facility projects for the Health System. Collaborates with Facilities Engineers and Architects on development of LVC Cable Plant Infrastructure requirements.
- Coordinates, designs and implements IT infrastructure cabling in support of IS Facility projects
- Meets with designated management and technical staff to confirm voice and data needs
- Works with CAD staff to create Construction Documents detailing project bidding and construction requirements
- Conducts status meetings to resolve engineering issues
- Updates project plan accordingly
- Review and approve incoming services redundancy schemes of new buildings to avoid single points of failure
- Recommends and implements cable plant infrastructure solutions, monitors project progress against schedule and resolves issues
- Performs related duties, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or related technical field, required, AND a minimum of five (5) years related construction, engineering or telecommunications experience, required; High School diploma or GED / equivalent, required, and a minimum of 8+ years progressively responsible construction, engineering or telecommunications experience, required
- Experience with AutoCAD drafting, and design application is a plus
- Strong problem solving, communication and leadership skills, required
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.