From Georgia. For Georgia. Since 1914 Yancey Bros. Co. has proudly served as the authorized Caterpillar equipment dealer for Georgia, providing our customers with the highest quality sales, parts and service. From Caterpillar heavy and compact construction equipment to on-highway trucks, we remain committed to learning more about our customers, offering equipment and support to keep up with their changing needs. This all starts with our greatest asset…our employees.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Hydraulic Shop Technician you will repair hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors, and hoses for customers. Candidates must furnish their own tools, be able to operate industry associated heavy equipment, and complete all assigned work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Teardown and inspect all components, including cylinders, pumps, motors, and hoses.
- Disassemble and assemble hydraulic components.
- Advise of failure and process to repair.
- Safely work in a shop environment and follow all company safety guidelines.
- Read and understand service materials.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Work assigned overtime as needed.
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Who We Are Looking For:
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision is required for this position as well.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- General mechanic knowledge and previous hydraulic experience required.
- Basic Technician skills
- Course work from accredited trade school, college or university with emphasis in mechanics, hydraulics, and automotive electronics is desirable.
At Yancey Bros. Co, we are always looking to add people to our team who share our core values:
- Safety: We value the lives and health of our team and customers above all else.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy, demonstrate respect for others, and communicate truthfully and promptly.
- Teamwork: We work as one across our organization for the benefit of our customers.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best, continuously improving our customers’ experience and the solutions we provide.
- Sense of Urgency: We respond quickly to customer needs and hold ourselves accountable for results.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following values:
- Acting in a safe manner
- Exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Acting in a fair and ethical manner
- Team mentality
- Delivering quality results
- Embraces change / improvement
- Exhibiting superior customer service skills
- Exhibiting pride and ownership
- Working with a sense of urgency
- Exhibiting a winning attitude
What We Offer:
Yancey Bros Co offers a full benefits package that includes aggressive compensation levels, technician tool allowances, full medical, vision and dental coverage, employee wellness programs, paid vacations and more.
Competitive Pay Structure
- Compensation: $38,000 - $125,000 per year, contingent upon experience.
- Individual Bonus Opportunities Available
- Technician Tool Allowance
- 401k Plan Strong Company Match
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Financial Wellness Coaching
Employee Wellness Program
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Heavy Equipment
- Customer Service